Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Janet Has Arrived

Well, I have tried to do this post for several days. The Internet is unreliable, slow and unavailable. I am not frustrated just anxious to let all my friends and family know that I am safe and doing well.

I arrived on April 3 in the evening without my checked luggage. I received the checked luggage on Thursday afternoon. I have attended a birthday party, bridal shower and an Easter service. I have used public transportation, removed a centipede from the kitchen floor and been stuck in market traffic for over 1 1/2 hours.

I am working with the individuals who will be doing the renovations on my flat...nothing has been done at this point but I didn't receive the budget and the request for funds before leaving so they couldn't start without money. I should transfer money to them today or tomorrow. They think they will have the work finished in two weeks. The container from USA is not arriving until mid-May so it is not a problem.

The Zambian people have been so helpful to my transition here. They make me feel like one of their family. Matter of fact, I have been given access to the PWC Landrover whenever I want it if I feel brave enough to drive. I'm brave enough but I don't really think they are ready for me yet!

Please note my mobile phone on the blog site. It is correct the number on my prayer cards was printed incorrectly.

I hope to post a more detailed accounting soon. Be patient because TIA (This is Africa)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Janet:
We're glad you made the journey without incident. We enjoyed our meal with you before you left and look forward to reading about your new adventures. The Zambian people are lucky to have you there.
Edward, Melanie, Mary Katherine, Edward II, Erich and Ali